“Grendon” is a distinguished family home situated on a mature site on the highly desirable Downshire Road. Built around 1920, the house has been in the same family ownership for over 100 years. Throughout that time the building and grounds have been carefully maintained and consistently upgraded. The addition of double glazed windows, cavity wall & loft insulation and most recently the installation of a new gas boiler only last summer have kept the house in touch with today’s standards of energy efficiency.
In tandem with these improvements, much of the original grandeur has been retained such as high corniced ceilings and original fireplaces. But at this unique time in Grendon’s history a new owner is now offered the opportunity to add contemporary styling to this much loved family home.
Ground floor accommodation comprises four generous and well proportioned reception rooms, a kitchen, pantry and cloakroom with WC. There is no question that the kitchen is in need of upgrading but ample space is available internally to accommodate a revised layout suitable for modern day living.
On the first floor, five bedrooms and a bathroom are to be found. Of note are the outstanding views of Bangor from the balcony and the rear bedrooms.
Outside there’s a large driveway, gardens to the front side and rear and a detached garage with an overall site area of 0.086 hectare (0.2 acre).
The property is being offered to the market at a very reasonably price to take into account the need for modernisation and the owners are inviting offers at or over the asking price.
“Grendon” must be viewed in person to fully appreciate its potential, please contact Rea Estates Bangor to arrange a viewing appointment
- Entrance Porch
- Hard wood front door, original tiled flooring, hard wood inner door with leaded glass and matching side lights.
- Entrance Hall
- Cornice ceiling, picture rail, cloakroom.
- Drawing Room 5.89 x 4.09 (into bay) (19'3" x 13'5" (into bay))
- Open fire with carved mahogany surround fireplace with tiled inset and hearth, cornice ceiling and picture rail.
- Dining Room 5.21 x 3.94 (17'1" x 12'11")
- Open fire with carved wood surround fireplace, tiled inset and hearth, Cornice ceiling, picture rail.
- Living Room 5.56 x 3.78 (into bay) (18'2" x 12'4" (into bay))
- Open fire with tiled fireplace and hearth, cornice ceiling, picture rail.
- Cloakroom / WC
- Original tiled floor, wash hand basin, cubicle with high flush wc.
- Breakfast Room 3.3 x 2.79 (10'9" x 9'1")
- Built in glazed display cabinet.
- Kitchen 3.94 x 3.51 (12'11" x 11'6")
- Range of units and built in shelving, stainless steel double drainer sink unit with mixer tap, space for electric cooker, space for fridge freezer, plumbed for washing machine.
- Pantry 2.21 x1.6 (7'3" x5'2")
- Built in shelving, built in cupboards with work top space over.
- Storage cupboard
- Master Bedroom 4.65 x 4.09 (15'3" x 13'5")
- Pedestal wash hand basin, cornice ceiling, picture rail.
- Bedroom Two 3.94 x 3.61 (12'11" x 11'10")
- Tiled fireplace, cornice ceiling, picture rail.
- Bedroom Three 3.96 x 3.45 (12'11" x 11'3")
- Pedestal wash hand basin, built in storage, tiled fireplace and hearth, corner window with view towards the sea.
- Bedroom Four 3.61 x 2.39 (11'10" x 7'10")
- uPvc door to balcony.
- Bedroom Five 3.78 x 2.08 (12'4" x 6'9")
- Cast iron fireplace
- Luggage Room 2.16 x 1.12 (7'1" x 3'8")
- Built in shelving.
- Coloured bathroom suite comprising tiled paneled bath with mixer tap, separate thermostatic shower unit, pedestal wash hand basin, part tiled walls, tiled floor, linen cupboard.
- Separate WC
- Low flush wc, part tiled walls, tiled floor.
- Generous gardens to front, side and rear bounded by hedging, mature plants trees and shrubs, greenhouse, gate for access to Raglan Road, outside tap.
Pebbled driveway leading to detached garage.
- Detached Garage 5.08 x 3.25 (16'7" x 10'7")
- Light and power.
- Outside WC
- High flush wc, light and power.
- Boiler House / Coal Shed
- Gas boiler, light and power.
- These particulars, whilst believed to be accurate are set out as a general outline only for guidance and do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. Intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements of representation of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their accuracy. No person in this firms employment has the authority to make or give any representation or warranty in respect of the property.