Lettings and Management
Rea Estates provides a comprehensive management service for your property in Greater Belfast, Bangor and North Down. Our advertising campaign, second to none, will use physical marketing materials, social media and include listing on our state of the art website as well as cross referencing with our extensive client database.
Not only do we ensure that your property finds its new resident but we also handle the entirety of the handover arrangements, for instance, the signing of the lease, handing over the keys, collecting rent and registering deposits etc, and to cap it all off, we'll carry out regular inspections to make sure the house is being well cared for.
To provide you with extra confidence, Rea Estates is a licensed member of ARLA (The Association of Residential Letting Agents) which ensures that our professional standards are set at the highest level in the industry.www.arla.co.uk
Property Management Service
- We will complete a Condition Report and Inventory of the property's fixtures and fittings together with a detailed photographic record which will be used by TDS or the Court Service if a dispute arises over damages
- We will arrange Certificates of Fitness and Landlord Registration
- We will liaise with Environmental Health on any matters which arise concerning the tenancy
- We will take responsibility for checking new tenants in to the property. A copy of the inventory and Condition Report will be given and agreed with the tenant. Rea Estates will retain a signed copy for the duration of the lease.
- We will negotiate extensions of tenancy in line with your instructions.
- We can arrange safety checks for all gas or portable electrical appliances. Rea Estates can offer a price-competitive gas safety certificate and electrical safety check service, which helps ensure you remain legally compliant.
- We will advise utility providers of tenancy start and end dates, where required
- Rea Estates will inspect the property on a regular basis and as required, for example should rent payments be missed, and we will send you an email advising of our findings.
- We will handle any issues which arise during the tenancy such as anti social behaviour, improper or illegal use of the property or over-occupancy
- Where required we will continue to advise tenants on their Housing Benefit entitlement and help them with any difficulties they have
- We will become the point of contact for all maintenance requests and tenant queries. Rea Estates will then liaise with the landlord and carry out necessary repairs where required.
- We will record all financial details and oversee payment of any expenditure incurred.
- We will collect rent from the tenant where possible by Direct Debit
- We will work with your tenants to make sure the payment system is in place. The fee for our property management service is taken directly from the rent paid, so you'll be sent the balance on time every month.
- We will ensure all the rental payments are logged and maintained accurately on your behalf. You'll receive a simple statement every month, and we will also sum up the year for you.
- We will chase arrears on your behalf up to and including recovery action through the Small Claims Court against defaulting tenants and their guarantor
- If the rent does not come in, we will investigate immediately. We will contact the tenant and find out whether there is a problem. If the tenant stops paying, we'll advise you on the best course of action.